Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Judgment on America?

Evangelicaldom and evangelicaldumber do not talk much, if at all, about God's judgment in time and on earth. I remember, for example, Pat Robertson's declaration that God had nothing to do with Hurricane Katrina's devastation of that dissolute and effete city of New Orleans.

But God does judge the nations according to their response to the King whom He has anointed to rule them (see Psalm 2). America has been reaping judgment for many decades.

We tend to think that God will judge society for its moral corruption. In reality, God has given us up to moral corruption as part of His judgment on us for not acknowledging Him (see Romans 1:18ff).

(If you are a "god and country" kind of Christian it may be hard for you to grasp that the "one nation under God" phrase in the Pledge of Allegiance does not refer to the God of the Bible. It refers to a mythical god supposedly worshiped in common by Christians, Jews, Muslims, Hindus, Buddhists, Sikhs, etc.)

Romans 1 describes a scale of corruption that inevitably destroys the fabric of society. In light of that, we may have reached a point where it's too late to escape the collapse of the West. I don't know.

But as the intensity of judgment increases, I am convinced that the only safe path through it and ultimately out of it lies in acknowledgment of and obedience to the King.

From my past knowledge of Lindsey Williams, I believe the video below sets forth a true representation of the final stages of the plans devised by those who have enslaved the American populace. Note that I did not say will enslave, but have enslaved.

We are that far gone that we neither recognize nor acknowledge the chains that bind us: immorality, financial debt and dependence on tax-funded programs. (Yes, I recognize my redundancy.)



I don't agree with all of Lindsey Williams' historical analysis. For example, he believes that the public schools started out as a good thing, whereas I know that they began as an effort by unitarians to seize control of education from trinitarian churches.

He also tries to make Noah Webster into a supporter of his own King-James-only beliefs. He evidently does not know that Webster revised the KJV to produce his own version of Scripture.

I also don't agree with Williams' dispensationalist spin on the events he discusses. The mark of the beast, and so on.

In spite of these areas of dispute, I believe God has put him into a unique position to give us an essentially accurate picture of the elitists' plans and their timetable. I hope it will be enough to lead some of God's people to repentance.

I will post the other videos, D.V., tomorrow and the day after.

2 comments:

The Warrior said...

Will check this out when I have an extra minute...just a question. You do or don't like Noah Webster? (I understood his edition of the KJV just to be clearer linguistically?)

Craig Mutton said...

I do NOT have a problem with Noah Webster. I think his version of the Bible is somewhat clearer.

It is the KJV-only people who would have a problem with him, if they were consistent. They hold that the KJV is more than just a translation. They say it is, in itself, the only inspired Word of God. They claim, for example, that the King James can be used to correct the Greek.

They say that any change to the text of the KJV is adding to or taking away from the Word of God.

Thus, if they were consistent, they (not I) would brand Webster as an apostate and a heretic for altering the Word of God. But they are not consistent.

My own position is that no translation is perfect. None fully expresses the full intent and meaning of the original. My own favorite translation changes. I use and respect the KJV, but in many respects I prefer the Geneva Bible. I sometimes use Webster's version & Young's Literal Translation. I also like the New KJV -- the pre-1996 NKJV, to be specific. (I guess you'd call it the OLD New King James. ;-) I do most of my devotional reading from the NKJV.

I also use the World English Bible (WEB) and some others from time to time.